Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blue Valentine

"I feel like men are more romantic than women. When we get married we marry, like, one girl, ‘cause we’re resistant the whole way until we meet one girl and we think, ‘I’d be an idiot if I didn’t marry this girl she’s so great’. But it seems like girls get to a place where they just kinda pick the best option… ‘Oh he’s got a good job.’ I mean they spend their whole life looking for Prince Charming and then they marry the guy who’s got a good job and is gonna stick around."

Ryan Gosling in Blue Valentine

I just watched this movie. It was so sad and depressing, but I liked something about it at the same time. I think it's the real life aspect. Kind of the same reason that I like "The Last Kiss" and "The Breakup", except there really aren't any funny parts in this one. It just shows what real life is. How some parts can be so great, and then sometimes it's just so hard. Same with a relationship. How they can take two beautiful people and make them look so ordinary. This movie would not be for everyone. Jake hated it. Just makes you think a lot. I hope that if I find someone that I'm crazy about we can make things work and stay together. I hope that my life works out and I'm happy :).


No comments:

Post a Comment