Friday, July 22, 2011

Rant #551: Finally, It Is Time To Relax


Starting at 5:30 p.m. EST, my family and I are on vacation.

That is when I get out of work, and that is when I don't have to worry about the drudgery of work for a week.

My wife and I deserve a break, as does my son. This has been something of a difficult year, so far, but also a year that has been filled with new experiences.

My son got his first job. It isn't a paying job--he is a volunteer at a day camp run by the school district--but he is receiving valuable experience for the time when he goes for a paying job.

My wife and I soldier on in our jobs, and it has been difficult. We've been in these jobs for years--me, this particular position I have had for more than 15 years--but it gets harder and harder to adjust yourself for the workday.

So off we go to warmer climates, although this year, it really isn't that much warmer than we are feeling here in the Northeast, where we have been scalded by ridiculously high temperatures.

But off we go into the wide blue yonder--in our car, which to we use to get to our vacation destination.

I really don't mind the drive. You get to see things that you don't normally see, and we have found that people are generally pretty nice wherever we go.

And yes, that is beautiful Annette Funicello in the photo. She looks like she will be joining us on our vacation. If only she could. But I always post a photo of the curvy Annette when I go on vacation, because it makes my vacation official, at least in my mind.

So I won't we checking in with you for several days, but I will be back, hopefully rejuvenated from the break.

Speak to you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment