Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Summer Drought

So, readers, I sat down to find a song to post today and realized that I couldn't for the life of me think of anything. I wonder if it's just me, but it seems that this summer has been somewhat dry so far when it comes to pop music. I mean, summers are always a little slower than other parts of the year, but this one seems especially so.

It's not that there's not music coming at me. There's plenty, from all directions, but I don't post anything that I'm not absolutely in love with, and I really try not to go into detail on songs that are top-of-the-Billboard-charts well known, either.

Right now, my thought is, where are all the great poppy indie bands? And so my question to you guys (of exquisite taste) is: what are you listening to? And what should I be listening to?

I've never done this before, so I'm interested in the responses I'll get. Who knows, I may find a band or artist worth posting about on the blog!

Also, prepare yourselves for a couple of Harry Potter posts in honor of the new movie this week. I'm thinking HP song tomorrow, no post Thursday (I'll be napping in preparation for the midnight showing of movie #8), and my official movie review on Friday. But new song posts will be up next week, so give me your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment