Friday, March 30, 2007

Nanne - Pissenisse



"oi...oi...oi...oi!"

I've had Swedish singer Nanne's new album on repeat for the last week or so and have got to share something from it with you today. Nanne's a bit of an institution in Sweden... and a fair share older than most of the contemporary pop singers on the radio. She sings in Swedish and within a genre known as dansbander (think fluffy pop music who's entire goal is to be more infectious than herpes). Pissenisse (which I cannot find a translation for and my beginning Swedish language knowledge certainly doesn't cover... but it's fun to say) is the name of this track and, though I hated its saccharine-ness (new word?) the first time I heard it... it lingers like some crazy circus in my head and I can't stop singing along. Listen especially for the moments between 1:54-2:17, which really do speak for themselves I think. Pure fizzy brilliance! Nanne deserved to get further in Melodifestivalen with her brilliant entry, but luckily for us, she quickly released an album full of similar greatness. Plus, she's a bit insane (just check out Viskaren, where she literally turns into a witch... I swear).

Nanne - Pissenisse (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here)

No comments:

Post a Comment