Wednesday, July 4, 2007

To My Boy - The Grid



"Girls and boys, listen up and I will tell you how to find a place"

I am quite smitten with new UK band To My Boy. They're one of those bands that I read about, sampled, and rushed out straight away to buy their album. They have been described as the Gilbert & Sullivan of the angular new wave revival. In truth, they remind me a lot of the legendary band Sparks, of whom I am a massive fan. Like the Mael brothers, Jack Snape and Sam White create short, punchy songs (usually with bizarre sci-fi subject matter) and drape them in spiky electropop and theatrical, eccentric melodies. They are not like any other band on the scene right now. The Grid was one of the three singles preceding the release of their full-length debut, Messages. Don't be put off by the immediate crashing guitars that open the song, because if you stick with it you'll be treated to a melody that will latch onto yor brain and refuse to ever let go. I've been singing it for nearly a week now. Oh, and you have to youtube their videos... they are brilliant (especially Model).

To My Boy - The Grid (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Buy the album here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment