Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Get It Better Without Expert Heads on Video

I’m thinking about the Richmond rape case and the Derrion Albert case--both cases about groups against one. I have a lot of thoughts about this, but too many people are yakking away already. I've deleted my useless essay and looked for John Donne, the way he spelled it out:

No man is an Island,
intire of it selfe;
every man is a peece of the Continent,
a part of the maine;
if a Clod be washed away by the Sea,
Europe is the lesse,
as well as if a Promontorie were,
as well as if a Mannor of thy friends
or if thine owne were;
any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in Mankinde;
And therefore never send to know
for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.
For those that are holding the line on cruelty in Richmond and Chicago and-for that matter-
all other places where humanity is lost and community displaced, big case or small:

Thank you very much. I hope someone treats you kindly today. I hope you encounter some decency, somewhere, today. I wish you a good night's rest and a very good cup of coffee, soon after you wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment