Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Wicked Witch Succumbed to Zombie-dumb

Year of the Living Dead
For over thirteen months (number of months May be significant, but I doubt it) I have tried to be a humanistic treasurer. My goals have been accuracy, transparency, and consistency. And to be nice but firm about my expectations of the managerial staff.

I have undertaken, taught, given color charts, shown what I wanted, lived it, modelled it by example, listed it, met over it, called on it, visited it, encouraged it, ordered it, persuaded, cajoled, empathized, sympathized, pleaded, begged, nagged, chirped, demonstrated, supervised, edited . . . are there any other verbal verbs left?
 Then I flat ran out of nice ways to talk. I could feel my throat tighten and my voice get hard. I didn't like where that tone was going. So . . .before I started cursing, kicking, or whupping donkey . . .

They always thought I was interfering. Yeah, I was.

I went away for a couple months. Still didn't get done.

Well, it's past the end of the year. I told them in December I would audit all the individual owner accounts. That's almost three hundred accounts. They Couldn't figure out how to print the reports. I made them send them to me. And I audited them.

Over forty percent of the accounts have a mistake, a question, a serious problem, an overbilling, underbilling, hot check, wrong balance, freakazoid use of improper discretion or total lack of discretion. Umm, it does represent some improvement . . .

Today's Meeting of the Past-alive
So we had our Condo Bored Meeting. I came, I saw, I demonstrated, reported, displayed, contradicted excuses, blah blah and you know what?
The manager and I are supposed to have a meeting. I think I already did that, times past count.

But once more I will ride my broom down to the den of the zombies . . . . hello, my pretties . . . . wake up . . . it's time to clean house. . . . probably get the old umyeah-umyeah-um.

Pix from megomuseum.com and amazon.com--

No comments:

Post a Comment