Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yes, Sir, I Got The Picture

I read Second City Cop daily.  I go where he tells me to go, and I mostly keep my mouth shut if I disagree. If I was in Chicago, and he did my traffic stop, I'd do what he told me to do then, too.

Thursday night, he posted a link to a site about Illinois' bankruptcy. I am not in Illinois, so my focus is more broad. Did you know that nearly every state government in the nation is running a deficit? Most at least 20%.  (It's the fourth graphic down on the page, but I will include it here.) There are few break-even states. The rest are out on tick.


I'm so used to thinking Federal, I missed this boat. Not a good boat to miss, either.

The information came from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a non-partisan think tank on government spending.
You can write your Congressman by checking here.
You can write your Senator by checking here.
It would be worth the effort to find your Governor and your state legislators. If you're in a white or grey state, you can write and tell them good job. Everybody else has some explaining to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment